Collaging is an enjoyable and creative practice which has the potential to uncover and release deep wells of love, wisdom, passion and purpose.
In our monthly group, we make collages* together and share them with each other. Each collage captures one specific aspect of ourselves, whether positive or “shadow.” Here are just some of the benefits that keep us coming back:
- This creative form of self-expression is fun, easy, relaxing and satisfying.
- Tapping into the world of symbols and images, we often make surprising discoveries about ourselves.
- Using our intuition and imagination, we give the collages voices to speak into our lives.
- Allowing immature, suppressed or wounded parts of ourselves to speak produces healing, acceptance and integration.
- Creating images of positive or aspirational parts of ourselves strengthens them to come forward and take a central role in our lives.
- Though collaging can be satisfying to practice alone, doing it as a group has the added benefits of allowing us to learn from and be inspired by each other, as well as of forming bonds of deep connection.
- Collaging can even be a spiritual practice, allowing us to strip away our defense mechanisms and to resolve conflicts and stumbling blocks that keep us from knowing who we truly are in God’s eyes.
- As we discover and learn to live more fully into our truest hearts, we are set free to worship God with a joy, purity and passion we have never previously known.
- As we grow as individuals, we may find that it benefits and changes other relationships and/or empowers us to pursue our dreams.
To sum it up, collaging is an enjoyable and creative practice which has the potential to uncover and release deep wells of love, wisdom, passion and purpose.
Another version of expressive collage facilitation that I do is called YOU Collage.